Sunday, September 18, 2011

Google+ problems

Google has launched Google+, a site that resembles Facebook.

A friend of mine invited me to the site, and... so far she is my only friend in the site. 

There are some problems with Google+.

How can people add me on Google+?
Let's suppose someone wants to add me on Google+. How can they do that? How can people find me? Is there a URL address that I can tell them? If they search for my name there may be a long list of similar names, there is no guarantee they will be able to find me.


How can I find people?
I cannot force my friends to join Google+. They may or may not join, that is their decision. What I usually do is to find people who are already on Google+ (or any other social network site). 

But how can I do that? There is a box with "Type a name". I don't look for people by name. I don't care about people's names. Most people use an alias anyway. 

I look for people by interest. I want to find and talk to  people who have the same interests I have. I want to talk to people who have watched Dexter, read Michael Crichton, seen Harry Potter, for example. 

I want to look for people by content. I want to FIRST read their blogs, see their pictures, wach their videos, and THEN if I like the content, contact the people who posted the content.
How can I do that on Google+?


1 comment:

  1. I don't bother with it, yet. Too many sites for me to manage. My blog, Facebook, Fan Page, Twitter, DeviantArt...

    Btw, did you read my blog post on my birthday fund yet? Care to donate? Haha

    ReplyDelete